We are not recommending that you conduct business in colorful shorts, although you can, but Skype for business is pretty awesome.
At the heart of every great team is great communication. Skype for business brings super efficient communication to tons of companies worldwide. Good communication is important for the daily operations of your company.
An organization that is lacking in the areas of communication can experience loss in sales and profitability. Without good communication, a business may face numerous challenges that could ultimately lead to its demise.
“I can go all over the world with Skype”.
Ram Dass, American spiritual teacher, and author.
What is Skype for Business?
Formerly known as Lync, Skype for business is the most efficient way to connect with co-workers and business partners. A big claim that Microsoft has been able to back up.
If you are already a user of Skype, you will definitely love the simplified controls and power of Skype for business. Microsoft kept the user interface of Skype for business very similar to the commercial version of Skype and Lync.
Benefits of Switching to Skype for Business
A primary problem that many businesses face is time and finances. You need to work smarter in order to stay on budget with your finances. You need to work better to use your time more efficiently.
With Skype’s low-cost video calling, international calls, and instant messaging functions, more and more businesses are switching to Skype for business to reduce overhead. Here are five real benefits of Skype for business.
“If you can use a web browser, you can use Skype”.
Niklas Zennstrom, Entrepreneur.
1) Save Money on Business Calls – Small businesses communicate a lot differently from large organizations. If you own a small business, then you understand how important it is for you to keep communications cost low to save money. Most of the time, you are reaching out to your customers, employees, and prospects individually.
Large businesses communicate a lot more than small businesses and for many CFO’s, cutting communications cost is top on the to-do list. These companies make international calls on a daily basis and host meetings over the phone daily.
Skype for business is allowing many companies to cut cost without dropping the quality of their service. For example, if you had to attend a client meeting in England, you can use Skype’s video call to connect with your client and have the meeting.
2) Keep Your Customers Happy – Customer service is key to the success of any business. Making it easy for your customers to contact you is essential in developing a strong relationship with your customers. Maintaining strong relationships with your customers is a sure way to keep them from going elsewhere.
Once you start using Skype for business, any of your customers that use Skype can contact you by clicking or tapping the phone number on your website. This will save you and your customers time, and money.
3) Keep Track of Your Expenses – Skype for business makes it simple for you to keep track of the cost of calls. You can manage your Skype accounts centrally and set up accounts for your staff. You can also allocate credit to staff accounts and monitor how much is being spent.
4) Reduce The Cost of Travel – The ability to communicate with customers from anywhere in the world is an important part of business success. However, the cost of travel can put a dent in your profits and in some cases, cripple a business. The cost of fuel, flights, hotel bills and food can hurt your profits. More travel also means that you will be spending less time in the office.
So how does Skype help organizations reduce cost? Skype’s video call is helping organizations by cutting non-essential business travel. A video call is said to be the perfect replacement to a face-to-face meeting. You don’t loose the personal touch of a traditional meeting and you can schedule the call around your workday. This is effective, saves you money, and time.
5) Collaborate Better and Stay in Touch With Your Co-workers – Ensuring that everyone in your organization is on the same page and kept in the loop means that your business can run more efficiently. You and your colleagues will collaborate more with better communication tools.
Skype’s instant messaging function is great for keeping in touch, asking questions, and checking the progress of ongoing projects.
How are you combating communications cost in your company? Are you currently using Skype? How is your organization using Skype to work smarter? Let us know in the comments.